Interesting wall groupings
Interesting wall groupings bring drama and color to any home. Use these tips to help guide you in creating your personal groupings.
- When creating a wall composition make sure the framing, color scheme and size make perfect sense to your decor.
- Keep the weight evenly distributed in the composition.
- Make sure that the grouping fits the space. Groupings should be at least twelve inches from the ceiling and occupy 2/3 of the furniture it hangs above.
- Pictures should be hung at eye level sixty to sixty-five inches from the floor to the center of the artwork.
- When hanging pictures on wallpaper make sure that the picture frame and mat is wide enough so that it does not compete with the pattern of the wallpaper.
- Spacing between pictures should be 3″ to 4″ apart.
- Artwork over the sofa should be no longer than the sofa and should be half the sofa’s length.
- Artwork over the sofa should hand 8 to 10 inches over the sofa.
- Keep to one theme in the room. Don’t mix still lifes, landscapes, portraits, abstracts or impressionism with realism and cubism.