With these easy steps brightening up your decor for the warm summer weather will be effortless and fun.
It’s so easy to welcome in the warm weather with a few simple decorating ideas. Since the HOT Atlanta summer is now in full swing, it’s time to usher a touch of the outside in and allow you to fully enjoy the warmth and sunshine that the only summer can bring.
There are several ways to liven up your space for summer. From seashells to bamboo your options for a light summer decor are limitless.
- Drill holes into tiny seashells knotted on gauze ribbons and tie to a curtain rod. This is a real conversation starter!
- Let the sunshine in, shed winter layers and add airy fabrics such as lace or sheers.
- Sail into summer, use brightly colored faux yacht-club flags to make a seasonal valance.
- Attach grommets to the top of terry cloth towels tied on ropes to create a nautical theme.
- Bamboo shades are the hottest trend in window coverings. They add an enchanting tropical theme to summer decor.
- Applique leaf forms on textured linen fabric to make pretty cafe curtains.
- To add a whimsical summer theme to child’s room tie ribbons across a simple rod and randomly attach wavering silk butterflies.
- Sleep under the summer sky! Paint your ceilings a shade of soft blue. Try Duron’s Noon Sky DCL027 for the perfect hue!
- For a crisp clean summer look, hang pastel, cream or white plates in a grouping above your sofa.
- Dare to be unique? Look to the sun for inspiration. A vibrant palette of orange, citrine, and persimmon will make your home feel both dramatic and playful.
- In a child’s room hang a string hammock on a bedroom wall to corral and organize stuffed animals or toys.
- Lean framed summery botanical prints against the backs of bookshelves, on a mantle or arrange a collection in a hallway or entryway.
- Place a large fern in the fireplace or line the hearth with garden decor and baskets of flowers.
- Arrange fresh cut flowers in front of a mirror to double the impact and give the illusion of a lush garden.
- For a classic look, display groups of glass and crystal vases filled with a myriad of beautiful beach shells and starfish.
- Baskets filled with limes and lemons and oranges look fresh as well as add a punch of color and texture to kitchen countertops.
Your rooms are sure to look like the perfect summer paradise after applying these charming and unique tips to your decor!
Need some design inspiration? I invite you to contact me (your Atlanta Interior Designer) and let me help you breathe life back into your home.
Melanie Serra, Interior Decorator, Certified Color, Redesign and Staging Instructor
Award-winning decorator and stylist Melanie Serra has been reviving interiors for over 17 years and has worked with clients in Dallas, Philadelphia, and Atlanta. Melanie Serra’s approach to interior design is fresh and innovative transforming residential and commercial interiors from Now to WOW!
Atlanta Georgia – 404.943.0779