What is a Vignette?
Vignette staging is a terrific way to stage a home to create buyer appeal and save the seller time and money. This is a great way to create the right atmosphere and mood with just a few accessories.
You may be wondering, “What is a vignette?”
Vignettes are small scenes that create a focus, set a mood, and describe something in a brief but elegant way. Vignettes give the potential buyer reason to linger in a room and use their imagination to glimpse the “lifestyle” that can be theirs if they purchase your home. They can be especially valuable in rooms that need a focal point or are lacking interest. They also show a potential buyer how
The photos below are examples of two vignettes that I created for my clients:
I’d like to share with you some successful ideas on building creative vignette displays.
These vignettes are not typical, typical is blah and ordinary. It’s important to think outside the box and create eye-catching displays that will “WOW’ the buyer. Vignettes need to make a great first impression and entice the buyer.
By The Room – Vignettes Ideas
Porch or Desk
- Set out a glass of iced tea with the newspaper and a pair of sunglasses
- Set up a game of croquet in the backyard.
- Set up a Mommy and
- Create a tea party display (see the above photo)
- Game night-set up a puzzle, a board game, or a hand of solitaire.
- Movie night-popcorn, movie candy-place a bowl of popcorn, a video and a couple of cans of soda on a coffee table.
- Set up a wine tasting party display
- Create a birthday party theme-Place stacks of china out on the dining table with a floral centerpiece and wrapped packages.
- Create Elegant Evening Out / Opera night: Place black gloves, a pearl necklace and a black evening gown next to opera tickets and a playbill program
- Romantic lighting, Tiffany box on the pillow
- Stack white towels in textured baskets
- Place white laundry detergent in old-fashioned glass candy jar containers
It’s so important to create enticing vignettes when staging a home. As the seller, the feeling you will want to foster in a buyer is
Melanie Serra, Interior Decorator, Certified Color, Redesign and Staging Instructor
Award-winning decorator and stylist Melanie Serra has been reviving interiors for over 17 years and has worked with clients in Dallas, Philadelphia, and Atlanta. Melanie Serra’s approach to interior design is fresh and innovative transforming residential and commercial interiors from Now to WOW!
Atlanta Georgia – 404.943.0779