Passionate. Professional. Personal.
That’s Melanie Serra of Interior Revivals!
Interior Decorator and Certified Color, Redesign & Staging Instructor
“My greatest pleasure is entering someone’s home to discover who they are, where they’ve come from, and what their vision is and doing my best to make that a reality.”
Homeowners, builders, and realtors have sought out the color and design services of Interior Decorator, Melanie Serra, owner of Interior Revivals Inc.™ and founder of The Decorator Guild™. With more than 23 years of experience, in color, design and staging trends, she is a leading authority in the industry. Melanie’s success is built on her knowledge of consumer lifestyles mixed with her creativity to develop unique and innovative color and design schemes for both residential and commercial clients.
In 2005, Melanie founded The Decorator Guild™ (formerly the Home Stagers and Interior Redesigners Guild) where she currently trains others in staging, redesign, and color consultation. Melanie is a professional speaker on the topics of color trends, interior redesign, home staging, and interior decorating.
She is frequently seen on Atlanta’s 11 Alive News where she does a segment on Ways to Save, she has been a guest designer on Jacksonville’s WJXT “The Morning Show”, and most recently her work has been featured in CNN’s Open House. Melanie is a published author and has written about decorating for the Dunwoody Crier, an Atlanta newspaper, and her work has been featured in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine, and the Philadelphia Times Herald.
Melanie has received additional color qualifications and training credentials. A former color expert for Duron Paints, she assisted architects and designers in developing paint and specification schedules for their commercial and residential projects. In 2010, Melanie developed Color Consultant Course, a training program that offers color certification to design professionals. She was the former Dewey Color System instructor in Atlanta, and a graduate of the Sensational Color program.
Prior to founding Interior Revivals Inc.,™ Melanie was a photo stylist for Omega Studios of Dallas Texas, where she supervised set design and production for the JC Penney Home Furnishing Catalog. She also was a design, color and product consultant for major manufacturers in the interior surfacing industry for companies such as Duron Paints & Wall Coverings, Nevamar Decorative Laminates, and Prince Street Carpets.
- Founder and instructor of The Decorators Guild™
- Developer and Designer of the Color Consultant Course
- I.R.I.S. Certified Staging and Redesign Instructor
- I.R.I.S. Certified Industry Staging Specialist
- I.R.I.S. Certified Industry Redesign Specialist
- Certified Dewey Color Instructor
- Duron Paint Manufacturer Color Consultant
- Design & Product Consultant to residential and commercial architects and interior designers
- Photo Stylist & Production Coordinator for National Interior Home Furnishings Catalog
- Studio Production Coordinator
- Food and Prop Stylist for print and television advertising
Awards and Recognition:
- I.R.I.S. Best Art Arrangement, National Interior Redesign Conference, Scottsdale, AZ
- I.R.I.S Best Interior Redesign, National Interior Redesign Conference, Boston, MA
- I.R.I.S Best Real Estate Design, National Interior Redesign Conference, Boston, MA
- I.R.I.S Best Bookcase Display, National Interior Redesign Conference, Boston, MA
- I.R.I.S Best Overall Design, National Interior Redesign Conference, Boston, MA
- References supplied upon request
- Fully insured