Drama and color
Interesting wall groupings bring drama and color to any home! Use these tips to help guide you in creating your personal groupings.
- Decide on a visually-heavy focal piece (in size or in color), and work around it.
- Usually, you will group your items and pictures in odd numbers: 3, 5, 7…
- Mix textures for visual interest.
- Ensure each piece has some consistency in color or texture with the others, so it feels like “collection”.
- Make sure the framing, color scheme, and size make perfect sense to your decor.
- Keep the weight evenly distributed in the composition.
- Make sure that the grouping fits the space. They should be at least 12″ from the ceiling and occupy 2/3 of the furniture it hangs above.
- When hanging pictures on wallpaper, make sure that the picture frame and mat is wide enough so that it does not compete with the pattern of the wallpaper.
- Spacing between pictures should be 3’ to 4’ apart and should be hung at eye level. Place them 60″ to 65″ from the floor to the center of the artwork.
- Artwork above the sofa should be no longer than the sofa and hang 6″ to 10″ inches above the top of the furniture.
Be creative and have fun! If you love it, then you really can’t go wrong!
Remember, I can always help you hang your gallery wall! Call or email me!